Vehicle Tracking UK: Vehicle tracking allows businesses in the UK that run a fleet of cars, vans or other vehicles to manage and locate their fleet in an instant. It provides transport and logistics managers a solution to improve day to day operations and make the most efficient use of their vehicles with real time operation and control. For individuals in the UK, a vehicle tracking system can be used to notify a car or motorbike owner if their vehicle has been stolen, or can be used to check the location of a shared car to keep your family safe.
EXACTLY HOW DOES VEHICLE TRACKING WORK?
Active vehicle tracking uses a variety of methods to locate and pass information about the location and movement history of the vehicle to which it is attached. Location, speed and direction can be monitored using a GPS device which links to a remote monitoring station via mobile network or radio transmission.
If a mobile network (GSM) is used then either a SIM card subscription, or a subscribed monitoring service via a professional company is required. For those devices using a VHF transmission method, a transmission is sent via radio frequencies (RF) to a bespoke monitoring station, possibly via privately owned repeaters.
Passive tracking systems for your vehicles in the UK require no permanent link to a monitoring station. These devices store the data within a memory chip and can be uploaded via a hard wire connection or through a recognised wifi link. Active tracking systems will also store data to a local storage device in case of poor signal quality or loss of connection via GPS or GSM signals. Once the signal is restored the live and stored data is uploaded to the monitoring service.
WHICH TYPE OF TRACKING SYSTEM IS BEST FOR YOU?
There are a multitude of tracking systems available on the market; smart applications for your phone, single vehicle tracking and recovery, multi vehicle monitoring, 24 hour monitoring from by a remote company...and the list goes on. Choosing the perfect tracking system for your vehicle in the UK can be confusing, so let's look at some of the benefits of the most popular types of vehicle tracking equipment:
INDIVIDUAL VEHICLE TRACKING IN UK
Trackers can be professionally fitted to any car, motorbike, caravan or self employed business vans and trucks quickly and efficiently by a reputable company. Individual tracking systems can be linked to an alarm system in your home in the UK, connected to your smartphone or PC via proprietary software, or can be monitored around the clock by a professional tracking company.
For private vehicle owners in the UK the benefits of having a professional tracker fitted does not stop with being able to recover your car if it's stolen. You can also benefit from reduced insurance premiums, if it is of an approved type such as a Thatcham accredited system. For families in the UK who share the same car, a tracker can offer peace of mind with systems that offer one button check in texts on safe arrival at a destination, and other features that can include emergency messaging on crash or impact detection.
MULTIPLE VEHICLE AND FLEET TRACKING SOLUTIONS IN UK
Studies have shown that business vehicles in the UK with trackers fitted make a positive impact on driver behaviour and driving safety by reducing accidents. A fleet tracking solution allows you to monitor fuel consumption, vehicle wear and tear and be alerted to any potential misuse or theft of your fleet of vehicles.
- Vehicle Tracking Chichester
- Vehicle Tracking Elland
- Vehicle Tracking Rustington
- Vehicle Tracking Kenilworth
- Vehicle Tracking Gorseinon
- Vehicle Tracking Penarth
- Vehicle Tracking Sudbury
- Vehicle Tracking Lancing
- Vehicle Tracking Coseley
- Vehicle Tracking Porthcawl
- Vehicle Tracking Cranleigh
- Vehicle Tracking Hurstpierpoint
- Vehicle Tracking Polesworth
- Vehicle Tracking Featherstone
- Vehicle Tracking Ash
- Vehicle Tracking Wetherby
- Vehicle Tracking Evesham
- Vehicle Tracking Chertsey
- Vehicle Tracking Biddulph
- Vehicle Tracking Aberystwyth
- Vehicle Tracking Beccles
- Vehicle Tracking Stourport-on-Severn
- Vehicle Tracking Hetton-le-Hole
- Vehicle Tracking Guiseley
- Vehicle Tracking Hebburn
- Vehicle Tracking Uttoxeter
- Vehicle Tracking Atherstone
- Vehicle Tracking Caterham
- Vehicle Tracking Wootton Bassett
- Vehicle Tracking Mildenhall
- Vehicle Tracking Horsforth
- Vehicle Tracking Warminster
- Vehicle Tracking Banstead
- Vehicle Tracking Cleckheaton
- Vehicle Tracking Stowmarket
- Vehicle Tracking Rugeley
- Vehicle Tracking Garforth
- Vehicle Tracking Yarm
- Vehicle Tracking Heath Hayes
- Vehicle Tracking Knottingley
- Vehicle Tracking Haywards Heath
- Vehicle Tracking Bewdley
- Vehicle Tracking Tonypandy
- Vehicle Tracking Droitwich
- Vehicle Tracking Frodsham
- Vehicle Tracking Addlestone
- Vehicle Tracking Sunbury-on-Thames
- Vehicle Tracking Pontypridd
- Vehicle Tracking Knaresborough
- Vehicle Tracking Liversedge
- Vehicle Tracking East Grinstead
- Vehicle Tracking Burgess Hill
- Vehicle Tracking Baildon
- Vehicle Tracking Corsham
- Vehicle Tracking Heckmondwike
- Vehicle Tracking Rothwell
- Vehicle Tracking Middlewich
- Vehicle Tracking Devizes
- Vehicle Tracking Calne
- Vehicle Tracking Blaydon
- Vehicle Tracking Llandudno
- Vehicle Tracking Westbury
- Vehicle Tracking Wythall
- Vehicle Tracking Haslemere
- Vehicle Tracking Wombourne
- Vehicle Tracking Mirfield
- Vehicle Tracking Carmarthen
- Vehicle Tracking Amesbury
- Vehicle Tracking Flint
- Vehicle Tracking Todmorden
- Vehicle Tracking Ebbw Vale
- Vehicle Tracking Stone
- Vehicle Tracking Staines
- Vehicle Tracking Southwater
- Vehicle Tracking Skipton
- Vehicle Tracking Marlborough
- Vehicle Tracking Stratford-upon-Avon
- Vehicle Tracking Dorking
- Vehicle Tracking Windlesham
- Vehicle Tracking Ripon
- Vehicle Tracking Hersham
- Vehicle Tracking Bradford-on-Avon
- Vehicle Tracking Otley
- Vehicle Tracking Whickham
- Vehicle Tracking Houghton-le-Spring
- Vehicle Tracking Darlaston
- Vehicle Tracking Whitby
- Vehicle Tracking Ilkley
- Vehicle Tracking Newmarket
- Vehicle Tracking Farnham
- Vehicle Tracking Hednesford
- Vehicle Tracking Fenton
- Vehicle Tracking Tidworth
- Vehicle Tracking Selby
- Vehicle Tracking Maesteg
- Vehicle Tracking Prestatyn
- Vehicle Tracking Rhyl
- Vehicle Tracking Ryton
- Vehicle Tracking Blackheath
- Vehicle Tracking Southwick
100% fleet visibility affords transport managers in the UK a way to improve efficiency by planning and adjusting routes in real time to avoid bottle necks and jams which drivers may not be aware of. Active tracking systems can provide real time feedback of speeds, acceleration and braking behaviour and provide indications of where driver training may need to be improved.
Business vehicle tracking systems can be monitored in-house with your own transport and vehicle managers, or can be encompassed as part of a wider service level from the vehicle tracking company. Subscription based services can allow for greater flexibility as vehicle numbers increase or decrease according to the economic and business requirements in the fast paced world of logistics and transport.
A professional vehicle tracking system in the UK can also encompass environmental elements, such as monitoring temperature within a refrigerated vehicle, checking tyre pressures or sending an alert if the vehicle is inadvertently left unlocked when stationary. This allows operations staff to alert drivers of any issues, and provide information to maintenance crews about servicing and repairs.
ADVANTAGES FOR TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT IN UK
Vehicle tracking systems are improving and adapting their scope of uses as more companies in the UK employ them in an active role. Some benefits include:
- Trailers can be tracked in conjunction with their cab and if they are separated a warning can be given.
- Vehicle diagnostics can be monitored in real time with OBD II (On Board Diagnostic) devices which plug into the specialised plug and play interface found on nearly all modern vehicles. This relays information from the engine management system and helps to diagnose any faults and flags any problematic areas before serious faults can occur.
- Field sales or service representatives can be directed quickly to their next appointment with an accurate time of arrival relayed to the client.
- Crash and collision detection can be applied with software that monitors if a tracker comes to a sudden or unexpected stop. A voice or text message is then sent to the driver of the vehicle. If there is no response within a specified time, an emergency call is made to either the operations room or directly to the emergency services.
- Valuable asset tracking can be applied to items that require extra special requirements due to their cost or rarity. Small battery operated tracking devices can be hidden inside a package and monitored until it reaches its destination.
DIY OR PROFESSIONAL VEHICLE TRACKING SYSTEMS IN UK
It is possible to buy an off the shelf, small vehicle tracking device which can be fitted by almost anyone in the UK. These offer a simple way to track a vehicle which is normally monitored through a smartphone or web based application. These devices can utilise a low power rechargeable battery, or be connected to your car's power circuit or OBD port. These low cost devices are ideal if you're on a budget, but do come with some restrictions.
Often you will be required to take out a subscription with tracking device company, which when compared to a professionally fitted device, can be found to be more expensive over time. In nearly all smaller devices a GSM signal is required for updates and for full tracking features. This means that in areas of poor signal such as multi storey car parks, tunnels and some areas of the country, the tracking device may not work. Bear in mind that if your DIY tracker is connected via the OBD II interface on your car it only takes a few seconds for a thief to remove and discard the device.
A professional installation of a vehicle tracking device in the UK will offer security and peace of mind that your vehicle is being reliably and securely monitored. A professional tracker may also come with European or worldwide cover as standard and be fully transferrable if you change your vehicle at a future time.
IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT TRACKERS AND THE LAW
Fitting a tracker to any vehicle where the driver has not been informed is illegal. Individuals and businesses in the UK that utilise trackers on any vehicle are required by law to inform trusted drivers of the installation and acquire their consent. It must also be stressed that due to data protection laws any tracking device only monitors a vehicle or package, and not an employee or other person without consent.
You can find more information on vehicle tracking systems by visiting the Wikipedia vehicle tracking page.
Vehicle Tracking UK
In the UK area you'll also locate: Cheltenham vehicle tracking, Telford vehicle tracking systems, Cambridge vehicle tracking services, Woking vehicle tracking devices, Barrhead vehicle tracking, Worthing vehicle tracking, Market Harborough vehicle tracking systems, Yeovil vehicle tracking devices, Redcar vehicle tracking systems, Shrewsbury vehicle tracking devices, Watford vehicle tracking services, Telford vehicle tracking, Dumfries vehicle tracking devices, Darlington vehicle tracking services, Dunbar vehicle tracking devices, Llandrindod Wells vehicle tracking devices, Pembroke vehicle tracking, Clydebank vehicle tracking devices, Reading vehicle tracking devices, Newcastle Upon Tyne vehicle tracking devices, Penicuik vehicle tracking devices, Darlington vehicle tracking devices, Warwick vehicle tracking, Huntingdon vehicle tracking, Cowes vehicle tracking devices, Barrow in Furness vehicle tracking, Beverley vehicle tracking devices, Westminster vehicle tracking devices, Wrexham vehicle tracking services, Poole vehicle tracking services.
All throughout UK you will be able to find vehicle tracking companies who'll offer various services for your vehicle and fleet security needs. If you can't find the ideal vehicle tracking company in the UK itself then you should be able to find one fairly close by.
Vehicle Tracking Enquiries UK
Recently posted UK vehicle tracking enquiries: Harvey and Scarlett Cullen recently requested an estimate for installing vehicle trackers in five cars in Swansea. Darren Samuels recently requested an estimate for installing a GPS vehicle tracking system in 4 cars and 2 delivery trucks in Lichfield, UK. Lina Laing recently requested a quotation for installing a GPS vehicle tracking system in three cars and 3 trucks in Porthcawl, UK. Ava-Grace Carter and Emilio Carter recently asked for a quotation for installing vehicle trackers in 5 cars and 3 vans in Penicuik. Braydon Smyth recently asked for a quote for installing a GPS vehicle tracking system in 6 cars and a truck in Leeds. Dennis Lowe recently asked for a quote for installing a GPS vehicle tracking system in 6 cars and 3 trucks in Stoke. Pippa Phillips and Prince Phillips recently enquired about the possibility of installing vehicle trackers in 5 cars and two trucks in Livingston, UK. Mr and Mrs Garner recently requested an estimate for installing a vehicle tracking system in 5 cars in Norwich.
UK Vehicle Tracking Tasks
There is a variety of work that can be conducted by your local UK vehicle tracking company including motorhome tracking services UK, motorcycle tracking systems in the UK, vehicle tracking installation, fleet GPS tracking UK, car tracking systems UK, driver recognition systems UK, car tracking services, magnetic GPS trackers UK, stolen vehicle tracking, 24/7 car tracking in the UK, vehicle theft prevention UK, fleet management, car tracking devices UK, caravan tracking systems, fleet tracking systems in the UK, boat tracking systems, vehicle tracking quotations, car tracker installations, vehicle tracking services, stolen vehicle recovery, car security in the UK, commercial vehicle tracking, van tracking services, and lots more.
More UK Services: Undoubtedly, whenever you are protecting your vehicle in the UK, you are likely to need all kinds of different services and along with car window tinting in the UK, office phone systems in the UK, vehicle cleaning in the UK, car leasing companies in the UK, car servicing in the UK, security guard services in the UK, vehicle mechanics in the UK, car valeting in the UK, fleet insurance in the UK, car insurance in the UK, car hire companies in the UK, auto electrical services in the UK, vehicle bodyshops in the UK, and other different UK services.in the UK, you might additionally need